The USDA Guaranteed Rural Home Loan program was created to help low to moderate income families buy homes in designated rural areas with 100% financing. Rural Development mortgage loans provide one of the most cost-efficient ways to finance a home.
The homes that USDA will finance must be in an eligible rural area. That usually means areas with less than 10,000 population. You can check the eligibility of a property address at the USDA Rural Development website.
To find out if you qualify for a USDA Rural Development mortgage loan you can contact your closest USDA office or a speak with one of our USDA Mortgage experts who can explain steps you can take to possibly qualify in the future.
- True zero-down financing
- Repairs can often be financed on properties that need improvement
- Seller contributions and third-party gifts are allowed
- Not restricted to first-time home buyers
- Properties in urban areas do not qualify
- Primary residence owner occupancy only; no rentals or investment property
- Properties with in-ground swimming pools are not acceptable